Nancy M Vfa

Total Joke

Updated by user May 01, 2024

They will have to do 100% improvement after my experience for me to use them again.

Original review Apr 30, 2024
Went to for issues I had after SI Joint Surgery about a year prior - was assigned a 2nd opinion doctor who set up and consolidate visits as close together as I was coming from out of state - she set me up with the worst and non-relevant doctors she could have - then, somehow I received an EMG and after wasting my time with the doctors that knew nothing and didn't address my problem - I went home and had a virtual visit with the 2nd opinion doctor and she was FURIOUS that I had gotten an EMG and Questioned me how I got it and went on and one and that was that - she ended the call/visit - later she called to hold a truce but I feel so DISRESPECTED just with that not to mention all the WRONG DOCTORS She set me up with - HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE
Loss:
Cons:
  • No diagnosis - disrepected

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I DO NOT RECOMMEND

Steven S Eah

Poor refferal experience

Original review Jan 05, 2024

I was referred to the Cleveland Clinic endocrinology department by my cardiologist to assure my hypertension was not related to my endocrine system. I subsequently scheduled the appointment and received confirmation with visit instructions.

My wife and I then drove 5 hours to my appointment, parked, entered the main facility and eventually found our way to where we needed to be. The normal routine of check-in, insurance, etc. was performed and I was directed to another area of the building for my appointment. Eventually I was led to an examination room with a few more questions, blood pressure, temp, etc.

This process took about an hour, then another ½ hour awaiting the Endocrinologist to arrive. All was well at this point, assuming 1 ½ hours is standard wait time for this type of visit.

This is where the experience changes a bit. The Endocrinologist did not know who I was or why I was at Cleveland Clinic. I asked if they had read the referral information and the answer was no since their office had not received any information.

For the next 45 minutes I proceeded to provide history on my condition, my understanding of why I was at Cleveland Clinic and provided a copy of recent blood work. The Endocrinologist suggested we do additional blood work, asked if I wanted a COVID booster, suggested an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening and suggested scheduling another appointment with the Cleveland Clinic Spine Medical Center, since during part of the conversation I mentioned stenosis in my neck. I still get those appointment recommendations every time I log into the patient portal MyChart.

I left the appointment a bit puzzled as to why the Endocrinologist did not have any background referral information and I found it strange the appointment was confirmed without having that detail. I proceeded to the blood work area which was a great experience.

In and out in a timely manner and the nurse drawing the blood was exceptional. However, I found it odd 6 or 7 tubes of blood were drawn. My wife and I left to drive another 5 hours back home. Quite a long day.

I never heard back from the Endocrinologist so I went to the patient portal MyChart and asked for the results which were subsequently posted.

I noticed many of the blood tests done had already been performed by the referring doctor and my PCP, so puzzled as to why repeated. I asked the Endocrinologist to provide a medical opinion after reading through the referral information. Apparently, the Endocrinologist office does not have access to the Cleveland Clinic Referral System so they asked me to have my doctor send them the information. My doctors office resent the referral information, but stated they could only send to the Cleveland Clinic Referral Office per procedure.

Well, this went back and forth for weeks. As far as I know, the Endocrinologist never did receive any information which I still think is very strange. Why accept a referral appointment without referral information and background. This should be mandatory before scheduling an appointment.

Now the bills start surfacing.

If you dont login to the patient portal MyChart, then you dont even know a bill exists. Eventually, I received a USPS paper bill for the Endocrinologist services which was paid upon receipt. I still have not received a USPS paper bill for the blood work, but the charges are exorbitant especially since many of the tests had already been done. I then contacted the billing office, explained my experience, mentioned that many of the blood tests should not have been repeated and if done at my local Quest or Lab Corp would have been ½ the cost.

I was hoping for some type of concession due to my experience and was sent over to the Cleveland Clinic Ombudsman office where I detailed my experience. I received a call back a week or so later telling me there is nothing they could do, but their reason was based on non-factual incorrect information. I proceeded to offer insight into the correct details, however, I was told the decision was final and they would not review further. Wow!

The Ombudsman office did mention they would look at changing their process, but no commitment nor insight into what type of changes would be made.

I dont think anything will be changing since their decision was based on inaccurate information which suggests everything happened as designed.

Bottom line, if you have a referral dont trust the Cleveland Clinic process works and demand referral background is received and reviewed prior to confirming an appointment. Also, if blood work is part of the process, review the suggested tests to assure no repeats and opt to have blood drawn at your local Quest or Lab Corp which will be ½ the cost.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Bottom line, if you have a referral don’t trust the Cleveland Clinic process works and demand referral background is received and reviewed prior to confirming an appointment. Also, if blood work is part of the process, review the suggested tests to assure no repeats and opt to have blood drawn at your local Quest or Lab Corp which will be ½ the cost.

Sybil Wuk

*** Poor Customer Service

The Weston location is TERRIBLE! My PCP is located at the Coral Springs Location and shes so sweet and the staff is very helpful and professional.

Now Im having surgery next week I made an appointment was told it was in Weston. I started reviewing alerts from My chart that saying I was having a virtual appointment. I called to address it OF COURSE NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE FROM PRE-OP! I log into the virtual appointment this morning waiting on the physician and a nurse calls to tell me they made a mistake it shouldnt have been a virtual appointment, she apologized, said she would have someone call me and to log off of the virtual appointment.

The representative called me and gave me an appointment for 1:30. I told him they need to do better because I needed to return to work quickly especially since it was Cleveland Clinics Scheduling error and my surgery is scheduled for the following week. The representative that made the appointment said I could arrive by 11:30 and he would inform the staff to squeeze me in. I arrive checked in and explained to the front desk lady what I was told.

One of the Pre-Op nurses comes to the door asking who told me to come early. I explained the representative told me I could arrive early and they would fit me it and her RUDE RESPONSE Yes We Will Fit You In At 1:30 At this point Im beyond annoyed because I did what I was supposed to do as the patient. I made the appointment and showed up on time to an appointment they screwed up on and I get attitude!!!but in the end I was inconvenienced. IDK where they found these Rude Ghetto Nurses.

The Nurse Practitioner was awesome very friendly and sweet she actually calmed me down just being a sweetheart! That department needs a staff change badddd!!!

Pros:
  • Can get many services at one location
Cons:
  • Ghetto staff

Preferred solution: Better staff for that department

Janah Dgl

Terrible all around

The program I signed up for was a waste of time and money. It wasn't tailored to be and was worse than any service I had received at home.

I received IV medicine 4 days in a row that is actually meant to be as needed, and only a few times a month. On top of it, I could have taken it orally.

I also called for an estimate and was told it would be $0. I now have a bill for over $1600.

The billing department said thats what I need to pay with no explanation of why their estimate was so far off. I wouldnt have signed up for the program had I known thats what Id owe.

All around, not at all helpful, terrible service, and the most ridiculous estimate provided.

Cons:
  • Not tailored to the patient
  • Expensive
  • Not up-front with billing

User's recommendation: Don’t go to the Cleveland Clinic

michael b Bek

| map-marker Cleveland, Ohio

The anesthesia was done by a nurse anesthetist.

My surgery was four months in planning and I spent two days in Cleveland getting things done that they wanted before the surgery. At no point was I told that my anesthesia would be by a nurse until I was already in the operating room. I asked for an anesthesiologist and was turned down. The anesthesia I received was way below the standard of care. I was lucky to survive.
Pros:
  • Good nurses
  • Good surgeon
Cons:
  • Poor treatment post-op of massive edema and severe constipation
  • Response from the anesthesia team was not accurate
  • Nurse anethetist

Preferred solution: An investigation into the anesthesia that I received by the anesthesia department

User's recommendation: Do not go the Cleveland Clinic for surgery. The anesthesia is too important to have it done by someone with so little training.

Nat C Ppl

| map-marker Stuart, Florida

Awful ER experience!

Original review Mar 15, 2024

They have beds in the hallways. Each room had a patient in it and another patient in the hallway of that room.

Double booked!

It was the most uncomfortable experience especially when you are already feeling awful.

No privacy for those in the hallway. Lights are bright, people are coughing, cursing. It felt dehumanizing to cry in pain with other patients in the hallway to see. We needed help and it felt violating to do so face-to-face with others doing the same thing.

I had the worst anxiety.

Not even sure how this is HIPPA compliant. Severely understaffed and clearly not a large enough ER to handle this volume. Never again! Id rather drive to Jupiter.

AND the craziest part they have an entire triage area that has curtains!

They said it is easier to take care of patients when they are all together. Id rather have a chair and privacy than being so exposed.

Cons:
  • Rushed
  • Felt unsafe
  • No privacy

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don’t go.

Jim M Hdm
map-marker Cleveland, Ohio

Exceptionally poor service.

During a recent visit to the e r and the main campus of downtown cleveland of the cleveland clinic. I ran into rampant reverse racism and gaslighting like i've never seen before. Stay classy Cleveland Clinic.!

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else.

GLORIA G Wwq

| map-marker Euclid, Ohio

Pasha saeed md committed a medical mistake and the ceo of cleveland clinic did nothing about it

On August 10, 2018, Pasha Saeed was suppose to be following the guidance of a flouroscopy, instead he injected medication improperly as a result the medication traveled to my brain. Due to a failed epidural injection.

Medical Emergency Team was called, Pasha Saeed injected medication to bring me back from unconsciousness. I remained unconscious. Transported to the emergency room. Still unconscious.

The Emergency Room Physician repeatedly called Pasha Saeed and he never answered the phone (What I'm told) Finally he showed up in the emergency and tried to defend himself by calling his medical ERROR an "inadvertent mistake" Several CT Scans were performed which supported the lethal dose of medication in my brain. I have the disc of the scans. As a result, I had left sided weakness, severe headaches, nausea, shaking. This went on for weeks.

I filed a complaint first with ombudsman and the person assigned said in writing: "You signed an authorization for the procedure.- I'm sorry you are not pleased with your treatment"" I was unconscious. My family was there in the emergency room. I was sick for weeks, and to this day still have left sided weakness. Headaches because 80mg of Triamcinolone was injected improperly and went to my brain.

I have had Cleveland Clinic Staff tell me they are so sorry for what happen to me. The CEO of Cleveland Clinic did absolutely nothing but sick his ambulance chasing attorney to defend Pasha Saeed. The saying "WORLD CLASS CARE" that the CEO shouts means nothing. I have since spoke with one other patient treated by Pasha Saeed, received an injection and tells me she could not stand up straight for a week.

She refused to go back to him.

I will never let this go. And I want to know why Pasha Saeed is no longer affiliated with the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.

Cons:
  • Drop the slogan world class care

Preferred solution: Mistake made by Pasha Saeed, CCF billed my insurance in excess of $20,000.00. Want my insurance COMPANY refunded. CCF should NOT be paid for Medical Mistakes. I want the information regarding Pasha Saeeds MALPRACTICE INSURANCE.

map-marker La Vergne, Tennessee

Good afternoon

Beware of medical facilities that use patient bodies as profit centers. You can tell this is happening when they do not get better. Dr. T. Davidson

User's recommendation: Beware

map-marker Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Worst experience ever.

Please. DONT. Go Where do I start? Stay far away; their customer service is a complete joke, showing zero respect and keeping you hanging on the phone for what feels like an eternity. They couldn't care less about your concerns unless you're on the brink of death. Lab tests? Well, they've managed to mess that up three times! They don't give a darn about your symptoms or the actual problem; all they want to do is shove pills down your throat. It's an infuriating waste of time and hard-earned money. Steer clear! Im never going back again to this place
CHRISTINE P Dcx

| map-marker West Palm Beach, Florida

Horrible doctor David Schwartz, DO west palm beach

Cleveland Clinic - Horrible doctor David Schwartz, DO west palm beach
Updated by user Nov 23, 2021

Read Doctors report where he commented on his "nvestigation". Funny thing is, he never checked my vitals etc.

described in his chart. He only listened to my lungs.

Original review Nov 22, 2021
This doctor has the WORST bedside manner I have ever experienced before. He comments that my blouse was unbuttoned?

I had a tank top underneath as it was a "set" purchased to wear accordingly. He then passes judgement on my choice to choose a proven weight loss medicine. It was very ignorant for him to not even research Ozempic. There was not one moment where he had any positive input.

His gaze was abnormal and he seemed to be 'rushed' and awkward. I also read his notes in my chart I was quite alarmed when he commented that I crossed my legs often. REALLY? Why was he looking at my legs anyway?

Isn't it interesting that his notes reflect to sexual areas of my body? No comments there on my great blood pressure, pulse and oxygen level.

WHAT A VERY VERY STRANGE EXPERIENCE AND DOCTOR. Its very ironic as well that Cleveland clinic makes it almost impossible to leave feedback.
Pros:
  • Some good doctors
Cons:
  • David schwartz

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Stay far away

Marcia H Onp

| map-marker Port Saint Lucie, Florida

URL on payment stub was compromised

Used URL www.peryourhealth.com (on the hard copy bill/payment stub) to pay a bill on-line for Cleveland Clinic (Clinic Medical Services Company, LLC). Instantly my credit card was charged $55.00 from webcinemastore.com! That was not the amount I owed! DO NOT pay anything using the URL above!
Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DO NOT make ANY on-line payments using URL www.peryourhealth.com

Ed J Evn

| map-marker Cleveland, Ohio

You people are not patient friendly

This sums it all up quite well? Per Forrest Gump - "Stupid is as Stupid does"....................

ABBOTT AND COSTELLOS WHOS BEEN VACCINATED?

\uD83D\uDE06\uD83D\uDE06\uD83D\uDE06

Bud: You cant come in here!

Lou: Why not?

Bud: Well because youre unvaccinated.

Lou: But Im not sick.

Bud: It doesnt matter.

Lou: Well, why does that guy get to go in?

Bud: Because hes vaccinated.

Lou: But hes sick!

Bud: Its alright. Everyone in here is vaccinated.

Lou: Wait a minute. Are you saying everyone in there is vaccinated?

Bud: Yes.

Lou: So then why cant I go in there if everyone is vaccinated?

Bud: Because youll make them sick.

Lou: How will I make them sick if Im NOT sick and theyre vaccinated.

Bud: Because youre unvaccinated.

Lou: But theyre vaccinated.

Bud: But they can still get sick.

Lou: So what the heck does the vaccine do?

Bud: It vaccinates.

Lou: So vaccinated people cant spread covid?

Bud: Oh no. They can spread covid just as easily as an unvaccinated person.

Lou: I dont even know what Im saying anymore.

Look. Im not sick.

Bud: Ok.

Lou: And the guy you let in IS sick.

Bud: Thats right.

Lou: And everybody in there can still get sick even though theyre vaccinated.

Bud: Certainly.

Lou: So why cant I go in again?

Bud: Because youre unvaccinated.

Lou: Im not asking whos vaccinated or not!

Bud: Im just telling you how it is.

Lou: Nevermind. Ill just put on my mask.

Bud: Thats fine.

Lou: Now I can go in?

Bud: Absolutely not?

Lou: But I have a mask!

Bud: Doesnt matter.

Lou: I was able to come in here yesterday with a mask.

Bud: I know.

Lou: So why cant I come in here today with a mask?

.If you say because Im unvaccinated again, Ill break your arm.

Bud: Take it easy buddy.

Lou: So the mask is no good anymore.

Bud: No, its still good.

Lou: But I cant come in?

Bud: Correct.

Lou: Why not?

Bud: Because youre unvaccinated.

Lou: But the mask prevents the germs from getting out.

Bud: Yes, but people can still catch your germs.

Lou: But theyre all vaccinated.

Bud: Yes, but they can still get sick.

Lou: But Im not sick!!

Bud: You can still get them sick.

Lou: So then masks dont work!

Bud: Masks work quite well.

Lou: So how in the heck can I get vaccinated people sick if Im not sick and masks work?

Bud: Never mind, just trust the science!!!! The above sums up your hospital.

Ed Juratic

Pros:
  • Non
  • University hospital
Cons:
  • Do not schedule an appointment at the time of visitation
  • Lousy customer service

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Go to University

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

Who may need the 4th vaccine? Is monkeypox dangerous? Prof. Karen Jubanyik comments on the mask-optional policy, COVID booster shot, and the monkeypox.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

kenneth g Urz

Verified Reviewer

This person supports our platform.
Get a badge ›

Supporter
| map-marker Weston, Florida

I am now crippled for life as a result of surgery performed at Cleveland Clinic Weston FL by dr. Joseph Iannottii

Original review Sep 07, 2021

During a shoulder surgery that was necessary due to a staph infection that was a direct result of the prior shoulder surgery, Dr. Iannotti performed.

I feel the infection was a result of his blasé attitude.

He was supposed to see me two weeks post surgery, for some reason that date was delayed, in the meantime he gave specific instructions that no one should remove or change the dressing until he saw me. In the meantime the infection worsened.

Resulting in months of treatment by Cleveland clinic infectious disease Dr.'s and 9 weeks of pick line then another shoulder surgery by Dr. Iannotti, during which he severed my radial nerve, and would not own up to it until a later office visit when I confronted him. His remedy was for me to see an associate of his that could perform tendon transfer to give me approximately 40 percent use of my right hand.

I declined, hoping I could get the nerve repaired, and I do not trust the Cleveland Clinic or Dr.'s. I must also mention that for both surgeries Dr. Iannotti claimed there were no resident surgeons available to be in the operating room, No witnesses? Unfortunately, this should have been addressed much sooner if there was any hope for the nerve to be repaired.

The resulting surgery's for tendon transfers, would be painful, not a 100% fix, and long term therapy, for limited use of my hand and wrist.

The numbness down the back of my upper and forearm will be with me forever. antibiotics

Cons:
  • Substandard care and lack of customer service
  • Operate like an assembly line

Preferred solution: Compensation for the permanent loss of use of my right hand

User's recommendation: Stay away from Cleveland Clinic they operate like a auto assembly line with an accepted reject or failure rate. Not a world class organization. They got so large, they could care less about the human element and only concerned with making profits.

Wen C Ncb

| map-marker Independence, Ohio

Bad physician office visit experience

Office visit Dr. Fazekas, Dermatology for female hair loss My words were repeatedly cut off by Helga (assistant) and the rude doctor. I was told I have 15 minutes. I was not treated as an individual person who had a reason to visit. I was given a syphilis blood test even after I explained that I had no lesions or sex/decades. Was told everyone gets these routine labs. Written that I got a biopsy/was not biopsied
Pros:
  • Usually great care
Cons:
  • Bad patient experience

Preferred solution: Don't bill Medicare for a biopsy. Dr. was running 45 minutes late. CCF is overbooking her like a money making machine and she can't be a caring doctor. If CCF shows her compassion, she will have it for her patients

Meagan S Ogc

| map-marker Avon, Ohio

Malpractice

I was in the Avon location Cleveland Clinic ER for an anaphylaxis reaction. My throat was tightening, I had shortness of breath, heartburn and nausea.

The new graduate nurse Tyler preforms my iv medication without properly priming the line. I look over at my iv and see a long stream of air with the iv fluid following behind then a couple more pockets of air and then the iv fluid. I had said to Tyler there was alot of air in my line and his response was, Not enough to kill you. Let me take you back for a moment, at this point I am struggling to breathe due to an anaphylaxis reaction, I have already successfully preformed four semesters of clinical at the Cleveland Clinic including the proper administration of iv therapy which I have preformed on countless patients.

I know the risk for air in the iv line can cause air embolisms in the body which can lead to cardiac arrest. I had mentioned all of this to Tyler and instead of shutting off my iv and properly priming my line he continued the iv putting all the air into my system.

I felt unsafe and afraid during a time I was already experiencing a life or death crisis. I was afraid not just for myself but other patients this new nurse will be practicing on in the future.

Preferred solution: Apology

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article