I brought my father to Cleveland Clinic in September of 2017 to see Dr Kaouk and discuss laparoscopic surgery to remove his kidney cancer.He was very optimistic when we first met with him and said he could do the procedure and my father would be up and walking the day after surgery.

He explained a team approach, and that my father would have to meet with an oncologist and cardiologist at Cleveland Clinic. The Cardiologist approved my father for surgery and a biopsy. And the Oncologist ordered additional tests. After 2 months and 4 visits to Cleveland Clinic from Atlanta, we were told that Dr Kaouk, who we were scheduled to see on November 28th, 2017, would be unavailable and in surgery.

A doctor in residency would meet with us instead. Dr Kaouk refused to even talk to us on the phone and had the resident tell us he would not do the surgery because of my father's age. I'm not sure why we weren't told that in the beginning , before all of the time and expense of the trips to Cleveland from Atlanta, Ga. Dr Kaouk's assistant, Traci, is one of the rudest people I have ever talked to.

When I tried to schedule follow up appointments by phone, I was told she was too busy and she would hang up on me or put me on a never ending hold. I am extremely disappointed that Dr Kaouk did not have the common courtesy to return our calls or meet with us in person to give us his decision about surgery.

My father is devastated, as he had canceled the planned surgery scheduled for September in Dayton with his Urologist, so that Dr Kaouk could do the procedure.He is now left with very few options.

Review about: Cleveland Clinic Oncology Doctor.

Comments